Barwon Heads Cricket Club has adopted and endorses:
- Cricket Victoria 2022 Member Protection Policy (MPP)
- Australian Cricket’s Commitment Statement and Policy for Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Australian Cricket’s Looking After Our Kids Code of Behaviour for Affiliated Associations, Clubs and Indoor Centres
As a community club we are committed to:
- Establish a culturally safe environment in which the diverse and unique identities and experience of Aboriginal Children and Young People are respected and valued.
- Embed Child Safety and Wellbeing in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Empower Children and Young People so that they know their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- Inform and engage families in respect to child safety and wellbeing.
- Ensure that equity & diversity is upheld through our policies and practices.
- Engage volunteers and officials to ensure that they are suitable to work with Children and Young People.
- Handle complaints and concerns promptly, thoroughly and with a child focused approach.
- Educate volunteers, staff (if applicable) and officials – in consultation with Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia to provide them with the knowledge and skills to keep Children and Young People safe.
- Promote the safety & wellbeing of Children and Young People through physical and online environments.
- Review and improve our child safe policies, procedures, and practices regularly.
- Role model behaviour and actions documented in policies, procedures and practices guiding how our organisation is safe for Children and Young People.